As you know, Altus Dynamics is a Microsoft Dynamics CRM partner focused on the non-profit and public sector. We have done lots of new and exciting CRM projects in the public sector but a solution we’ve gotten particularly excited about is Adxstudio Inc and their portals for CRM. Why you may ask? Because we like that it has pre-built portal frameworks that we as a partner can leverage for our customers ultimate benefit. Here are my top 6 reasons we are impressed with Adxstudio's portals for CRM;
- Simple licensing structure - simply put, the licensing is straight-forward and provides organizations with the support for future road-mapping.
- CRM integrated authentication comes standard - Adxstudio Portals provides authentication pre-built. As an example, if you choose SharePoint you will be required to build this from scratch. The out of the box security providers for Adxstudio Portals also provides support for both forms-based and federated authentication. In forms-based authentication portal administrators can simply manage the username, password, password hints, etc. all simply within the CRM user interface, while the data is securely stored in the CRM database. Federated authentication allows users to login to the portal using a third-party provider, allowing users to login to your web portal using their Facebook, LinkedIn, or even ADFS credentials.
- Pre-built CRM and website functionality - Adxstudio Portals comes with CRM and web portal integration scenarios out of the box, including event management, case management, surveys, eCommerce and so much more.
- Responsive web design out of the box - If you’re involved in planning for anything to do with your organization’s website and you’re not familiar with responsive web design…you should be. Responsive web design allows a website to be optimized for viewing regardless of the device you’re viewing it on – computer, tablet or mobile device. Adxstudio Portals ships with the Bootstrap framework from Twitter for responsive websites out of the box.
- CRM entity integration with no code required – With Adxstudio Portals, all of the fields entered into that web form on the portal are automatically entered into the CRM database with no code required. Should you implement this same scenario using SharePoint, you would be required to have a developer write code to integrate that form data. If after some time you decide to change the fields on that form…guess what? You get to have that developer involved again.
- Website presentation entirely configurable in CRM - One of the great features of Dynamics CRM 2013 is the ability to simply and easily configure forms and lists for users. Adxstudio extends that to your CRM-integrated website, allowing you the ability to configure forms and lists on your website exactly the same way by configuring it right inside CRM.
by: Nicola Dickinson, Founding Partner