Last week Altus Dynamics released the latest version of our Dynamics NAV based solution, Version 07.04. With this release came a host of new features that we believe our clients will be very pleased about. Why? Throughout the development phase of each new product release and upgrade we always take into consideration what our clients and the market has been telling us. Many of the features come via feedback from our clients through the logged support cases or our regular You-ser Groups, where we solicit feedback and vote on product feature suggestions for future releases. This symbiotic relationship plays a key role in the development of the Altus Dynamics Product which we very much appreciate.
To support our latest release, I am hosting a 45 minute webinar at 2.30PM EST on Thursday August 21st. It is free to attend and will show the general solution as well as some of the latest enhancement. If you would like to attend, sign up here.
In this NAV release we have included:
- Location Scheduling Enhancements – Provide advanced scheduling tools for Employees, Location Supervisors and Scheduling Administrators as well as full integration with Payroll. Our Location Scheduling solution has been enhanced to support the entire lifecycle of the scheduling process including; availability tracking, available shifts with the ability for Employees to bid on a shift, integration with attendance management so that all shifts for an employee who is going to be on holidays or unavailable are flagged to be filled, ability to publish, edit and approve schedules and time over the portal and integration back to payroll. (To read more about scheduling, download our free whitepaper)
- T4A (Payroll) Tax Forms on the Portal – Provide HR portal access to T4As (T4s are already supported) for your employees and eliminate the need to print hard copies on government issued pre-printed forms. Users can now view and print their T4A form from the My Tax Forms section on the Altus Employee Portals.
- Purchase Document Posting in Detail – Get greater insight into General Ledger transaction without having to look up source documents. Users can now choose to post purchase documents to the General Ledger with details. When posting in details, all lines from a document are posted through to the General Ledger in detail. This means that if there are detailed descriptions added to accounts payable invoices, for example, these descriptions will flow through to the General Ledger and be available for General Ledger analysis and reporting views and tools.
- Electronic Funds Transfer Enhancements –EFT Users can now update the Remittance Email and the Remittance Sent status from the Payment Journal, thus eliminating the frustration of having to deal with incorrect email addresses. The system also now supports EFT Sent Email Log and it can be configured to store a copy of the PDF remittances on a network drive for easy retrieval for review or re-sending.
On Monday the 18th it will be the turn of our Altus Employee Portals (AEP), as the latest version will be released. Some of the highlights include;
- Closing Purchase Order form AEP – Reduce administration overhead and empower end users to close Purchase Order when they know that they are no longer required. Allow end users to close Purchase Order from the Altus Employee Portal Purchase Order view page. The Purchase Order will be closed using the same process as closing the Purchase Order in Dynamics NAV making the overall process easier.
- Altus Dynamics Analytics & AEP Security Integration – Provide secured access to Altus Dynamics Analytics’ analysis cubes to your end users. Users who have access to Altus Dynamics Analytics data cubes for financial reporting, can now be governed by the security settings established on the AEP user setup. This comprehensive security setup provides strong controls for what dimensions and/or G/L Accounts the user has access to. These security filters are then applied over top of the Analytics data.
We hope that our clients are looking forward to release 07.04 as much as we are. And don’t forget to join me on August 21st to see first-hand our latest release in action. Register here.